Congratulations!!! Planing your wedding can be the most exciting time of your life! Whether you've been dreaming about your wedding since you were a small child, or are planning on the run, hiring a seasoned professional wedding photographer is one of the best decisions you'll make.
A professional will be your best friend, will make you laugh, will take you away from the hub-bub if you look stressed, will be the extra bridesmaid you didn't know you needed. And that's while s/he is capturing the joy, excitement, the happy tears of your day.
Starting with our initial consultation where we make sure we are a good fit, we'll work together to plan your photos. I strongly suggest an engagement or portrait session so that we'll feel comfortable at your wedding. After the wedding, I'll post a preview on the blog and facebook (if you agree) and start processing and you should have them in 2-3 weeks!
- Breathe deep!
- I've been doing this a long time; I don't want to say there isn't anything I haven't seen but we'll get you through this! Part of my job is to help reduce any stress you have!! It's really a lot of fun :)
ME NEITHER!! Your day is about you, your family and friends! That said, a second photographer can help make your day go very smoothly. For instance, s/he'll work with the guys getting ready, help with the lighting requirements and setting up for the formals, get candid images that a single photographer will miss since 4 eyes are better than 2. A second photographer is recommended for more than 100 guests and or large venues. We are discrete when we need to be and very much part of your family when we need to be. It's a gift.
Our style is to capture the moments you won't remember the next day, much less in 10, 20, 50 years. The fun stuff! and the more poignant! We'll work with you to determine what you need for the 'formals' -- think Mom and Grandma! and for your own special, quiet time together. We'll get a timeline together so everyone will know if they need to be somewhere.
Insurance? Absolutely. It's as critical as professional gear.When do I need to book you?
- As soon as you've decided! Popular summer and fall dates tend to book up to a year in advance! I will generally book only 1 large wedding per weekend -- you don't want to be the third wedding on a 3 day holiday weekend!
Packages begin at $1500 and are based on time (and if necessary, location). All packages include photography, a private on line gallery, and either a download of your images or a USB with your images, and a personal print release.
- A non refundable retainer and signed contract are required to reserve your date.
- Final payment is due 30 days prior to the wedding.
- Travel charges may apply.Tax is collected for the state of Connecticut if any events take place in state. Out of state weddings will not be charged tax but you may be responsible to your state taxing authority.
- No additional fees are charged for travel to Martha's Vineyard.